I missed a couple of milestones.
This blog turned 10 years old on March 5th, 2012. It started life as a humble blosxom script and stayed like that for two years when I migrated to a self-hosted wordpress blog. Since I’ve been tracking late in 2007, there has been 180,000 page views — a good percentage is probably spammers.
Here are my move viewed blog entries:
- messing around with tiles (13-Aug-2004; 16,153 hits) — a silly little post about using the taprats java app to generate some interesting titles. It is also where I got the favicon for nozell.com.
- family pictures — including one of me naked! (4-May-2003; 7,560 hits) — Seems lots of people are searching for naked photos on the internet. Who knew? The entry has some bitrot, but I had scanned some old photos as part of a genealogy project. Here is the photo of me butt naked.
- Getting started with the SheevaPlug (12-May-2009; 7,158 hits) — finally a geek-related entry! I’m still somewhat happy with LordShiva.local, but it sometimes flakes out losing the root filesystem. Its backup function has been moved to a DreamPlug.
- flickr upload for gnome’s nautilus (4-Sep-2004; 6,077 hits) — Back in the Debian/Sarge days I wrote a little Nautilus script to upload flickr photos. It got some link-love from flickr. Sadly the script is lost to the ages.
- I’ve seen things, I’ve seen them with my eyes… (5-Mar-2004; 4,901 hits) — damn earworm by the excellent Weebl. Surprisingly the link is still good. Best part of the song? Kuala Lumpur!
- Some tips to (re)install grub on an HP ProLiant server (8-May-2004, 4762 hits) — Back in the day HP ProLiant with SmartArray controllers, Red Hat and grub didn’t love each other as much as they do today. My notes were popular for a while, less so over time.
- Logitech USB headset & Ubuntu/Linux (13-Sep-2006; 4,263 hits) — evidence that random devices work out of the box on Linux just like it usually does on Windows.
- hp 2133 update (4-Jun-2008; 3,799 hits) — described some problems installing various distros of Linux on my cute little hp2133 netbook. Since then Ubuntu has been running on the hp2133 just fine and has ubeen upgraded through Oneric. Now it is off at college with Son #2 who uses it for notetaking in class.
- SheevaPlug customizing pre-installed Ubuntu/Jaunty (17-May-2009; 3,392 hits) — misc notes on the SheevaPlug when it was running Ubuntu/Jaunty. Currently it is running Debian/Squeeze mainly because Ubuntu dropped support for the ARM CPU it uses.
- SheevaPlug is now my main home server (26-Jun-2009; 2,916 hits) — A write up on what the SheevaPlug was hosting in my home datacenter. All those functions have moved to the newer and more capable DreamPlug.
The other big milestone is I’ve had the nozell.com domain for 15 years — 6-Feb-1997. I have children that are younger than that domain!
Record last updated on 07-Feb-2012.
Record expires on 07-Feb-2013.
Record created on 06-Feb-1997.